Wednesday, September 5, 2012
The District Court of the Virgin Islands cordially invites the legal community to its Brown Bag Luncheon on Friday, September 14, 2012, from 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. at the District Court of the Virgin Islands, Division of St. Croix.1 Chief Judge Curtis V. Gómez, Judge Wilma A. Lewis, Magistrate Judge George W. Cannon, and Senior Magistrate Judge Geoffrey W. Barnard will facilitate the discussion. Light refreshments will be provided.
This event is an open forum. Some of the topics that will be discussed are:
- Motions for Reconsideration LRCi 7.3
- Summary Judgment Motions -- Statement of Facts, Responses, and Counter-Statements—LRCi 56.1
- Pro Hac Vice Rule Amendment – proof of good standing
- Pleading damages as an independent claim
- Default Judgments
- Stipulations of Dismissal
- Attorney Attire
- Enforcement of Deadlines
- Page Number Limits
- Stipulations on Extensions
- Alternative Dispute Resolutions: Mock Trials
- Pro Bono for Pro Se
- CJA Training
- Tentative Date for Next Brown Bag Lunch on St. Thomas: December 7, 2012
One CLE credit is offered.
Space is limited to the first 40 registrants. To register, kindly contact judicial assistant Olga Schneider at (340) 774-1800, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1 In keeping with the Court's schedule of alternating meetings between the divisions, the next Brown Bag Luncheon will be held in the Division of St. Thomas and St. John.