Thursday, November 29, 2012
The District Court of the Virgin Islands cordially invites the legal community to its Brown Bag Luncheon on Friday, December 7, 2012, from 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m., at the District Court of the Virgin Islands, Division of St. Thomas and St. John.1 Chief Judge Curtis V. Gómez, Judge Wilma A. Lewis, Senior Judge Raymond L. Finch, Magistrate Judge Ruth Miller, Magistrate Judge George W. Cannon, and Recalled Magistrate Judge Geoffrey W. Barnard will facilitate the discussion. Light refreshments will be provided.
This event is an open forum. Some of the topics that will be discussed are:
- Summary Judgment Motions -- Statement of Facts, Responses, and Counter-Statements—LRCi 56.1
- Pro Hac Vice – Proof of Good Standing
- Speedy Trial Waivers
- Plea Colloquy
- Deadlines set by the Court
- Fourth Annual Conference – January 22, 2013
- Criminal Justice Act Training – February 2013
- Tentative Date for Next Brown Bag Lunch on St. Croix: Friday, March 8, 2013
One CLE credit is offered.
Space is limited to the first 40 registrants. To register, kindly contact judicial assistant Olga Schneider at (340) 774-1800, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1In keeping with the Court's schedule of alternating meetings between the divisions, the next Brown Bag Luncheon will be held in the Division of St. Croix.